Web-Stat

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Happy New Year!

A belated Happy New Year! Since almost being crushed to death in a crowd at Underground Atlanta on New Year's eve 1989 (hey Kurt!), I have never been a big fan of the actual New Year's "Holiday". In fact I spent most of New Year's eve and New Years day last week watching Lost season 4 on DVD.

What I like to do as the year changes is reassess my life goals and determine what actions I need to take in the next 12 months. I consider this a little bit different from resolutions. My standard life goals are as follows (in no particular order):

* Become more fluent
* Become a better father
* Become a better husband
* Continue to develop spiritually
* Increase my income 20%

The specific goals I set for the next year pretty much all relate to the above 5 life goals. For example, for fluency, I am already planning on attending a Refresher in last May. I called Dan last week and reminded him he is coming with me. I also have smaller goals that relate to that, such as working on my PFSP practice CD's at set times (usually before work meetings and on my way to Small Group).

No comments: