Saturday, October 31, 2009
Things I enjoy about Halloween:
1) Taking my daughter trick-or-treating and appreciating every second of it. I realize there are only a few years in her life she will want to trick-or-treat with her father.
2) Pumpkin spice latte's at Starbucks
3) Burt's Pumpkin Farm (although we missed our visit this year).
4) Charlotte's annual Halloween party
Things I don't enjoy about Halloween:
1) The Company potluck Halloween lunch. I am against any activity at work that calls for me to bring food for others to eat, or that requires me to eat food that others have made. I have gotten very good at making a stealth exit from the building while everyone else is stirring around trying to heat up their food.
2) Adults dressing up in costumes - especially at work. I have trouble having a serious conversation with the portly, 50-ish manager of our claims department when she is dressed up as 1973-era Cher.
3) The redneck group in our neighborhood that pulls along a wagon of beer and wine while they take their children trick-or-treating.
4) Handing out halloween candy. Thankfully Staci takes this chore while I take Charlotte trick-or-treating. There are 2 things that make me feel creepy and inappropriate - giving candy to strange children and paying high school cheerleaders to wash my car in the Wendy's parking lot.